What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device. They contain information about the browser you use and the pages you have visited. You can turn cookies on or off from your browser at any time.
To manage cookies in a specific browser, consult the following pages:
- Delete and manage cookies in Internet ExplorerTM
- Manage cookies and website data in SafariTM on Mac
- Turn cookies on or off in ChromeTM
- Enable and disable cookies in FirefoxTM
- How to clear browser cache/history/cookies in OperaMC
You can also manage cookies by changing your smart phone parameters:
- Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Delete your browsing history on Android
What are cookies for?
Cookies are frequently used by websites to perform different functions; they have a variety of roles.
We use statistical cookies to understand how our websites are used and perform, develop usage statistics and determine visit volumes and usage of the various parts of our sites (subjects and content consulted, links clicked). This allows us to make our online services more relevant and user friendly to better meet your needs.
We collect the following information:
- IP address
- Geographical location (from your IP address)
- Internet service provider
- Day and start and end times of your visit
- Domain of your previously visited site
- URL addresses and titles of HQ Energy Service (U.S.) Inc. pages you visit
- Activities on HQ Energy Service (U.S.) Inc. sites (e.g., clicks and screen scrolling)
- Starting point of your visit (e.g., banner, email, social media or advertiser website)
- Customer type (e.g., individual, group or organization)
- Customer category (e.g., residential or business)
- Status of your registration to our online self-service features (e.g., Online Billing or Equalized Payments Plan)
- Number of contracts associated with your account (one or many)
- Searches you perform with our website search tool
- Browser language
- Browser type and version
- Operating system type and version
- Device type and model (phone, tablet or computer)
- Device screen resolution.
We allow selected third parties to set cookies to determine your areas of interest. These cookies allow us to adapt our advertising messages based on your interests, in light of the sections of our website you visited most recently.
These cookies allow us to:
- Adapt the contents of the advertising spaces we display on your device based on the personal data you have provided to us
- Offer you personalized advice and offers based on the site you came from (e.g., a partner site)
- Adapt our advertising spaces to your device’s display characteristics (e.g., language, display resolution and operating system)
- Adapt the contents of advertising spaces we display on your device based on the navigation history of your device on our site
- Adapt the contents of the advertising spaces we display on your device based your location data